Friday, December 24, 2010

Ectaco Russian-English translator ER-800

The modern era demands new gadgets for the alleviation of human work. One of the cool features of this translator is a mechanical, robotical men's voice that is synthesized by a complex program created by skilled engineers. The voice is like from some aliens speech-synthesizers from outer space (as shown in science fiction). I like it very much. But the quality of translation itself is awesome - nothing so far can substitute the human interpreter. The dictionary, however is extremely good, from my point of view. I checked there all of unknown for me words from Arthur Hailey' "Airport" and almost, except for some old sleng of 60-th were translated perfectly. So this small box is in reality a very good dictionary after all. The design is of modern epoch - silver and black and it is heavy enough to be treated with some respect. Very light equipment I treat without dignity, they looks like cheap. A lot of games that should teach people how to comprehend English is out of my level of English learning - I prefer to read some classical books, but speach recognition system obviously does not work properly. Well, mp3 player works, if the MMS card is incerted into laptop and the necessary files are copied into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment